I heard a story once about a guy who had gone for a run one day and no one had heard from him for a few days. In that few days that no one had heard from him, the police were trying to identify a body that had been hit by a car and left. This was the guy from whom no one had heard. He wasn't carrying proper identification, so no one knew who to contact or who he even was!
As an individual who has ran on a busy street before, I know I am risking getting hit by a car. But, I also know that I have no concerns about this happening to me because I am the proud owner of a Road ID. I wish I could post a picture of my personal one, but it has my personal information on it, which I would rather not share with just anyone of course!
Getting hit by a car is not the only risk that is out there. Sadly, our own bodies can fail us. For example, one could be biking/running and suffer from heat stress to the point of being unconscious. By wearing a Road ID, the EMTs or a Good Samaritan passing by could contact your family.
On my personal Road ID, I have my name, my husband's phone number, my mom's phone number and 2 major allergies that an emergency response team would have to know about immediately. This way I can be taken to a hospital if I can't take myself, and they would be alerted to my allergies while trying to call my family immediately.
It's a simple bracelet like the one pictured above, so it simply wraps around my wrist. Road ID does not only have that style of bracelet but many others. In addition, they even have shoe tags and military style dog tags if you don't like wearing a bracelet.
They have options, which leaves no excuses for not carrying proper ID. Would you want YOUR loved ones worried and looking for you unnecessarily? These can be worn all the time, not just while running! I always associate it with running because that's where I am really bad about not carrying proper ID. These are also great for bikers, hikers, etc.
One lucky winner will get to CUSTOMIZE design their own Road ID!
Here's how to enter!
Mandatory entry (before any other entries count):
1. Visit Road ID and tell me which style you like best and your favorite activity you will be using it for!
2. Follow Road ID on twitter. (1 entry)
3. Like Road ID (1 entry)
4. PUBLICLY follow my blog (leave me a comment letting me know) (1 entry)
5. FOLLOW me on Twitter (leave comment with your twitter id to let me know) (1 entry)
6. Feature this giveaway on your blog linking back to mine. Leave me a comment giving me the appropriate link (5 entries)
7. Like Katie Thinks on Facebook (1 entry)
8. Grab my button from the right side bar. Leave me a link to your site where it's placed (3 entries)
9. Tweet this out: (1 entry per day) Leave me a comment with the link!!
Customize your own @RoadID giveaway from @klwschmidt. Visit http://bit.ly/mqM61V to enter. Ends 7/14
10. Share this giveaway on Facebook (1 entry per day) leave me a comment with a link.
11. Comment on a status update on Katie Thinks (limit 5 entries)
12. Give me some Klout Points in Fitness, Health, Organic, Blogging, moms, or education (1 entry each)
13. Blog about this Giveaway! (5 entries)
Make sure you leave a comment AND a valid email address with each entry. For example, the blog feature has 5 entries, so leave me 5 comments saying you did that? Make sense? If you have any questions, leave me a comment. Also, If you do not leave a valid email address and I draw your number, it will be disqualified! I will not hunt you down on twitter or facebook. Email contact only. For liability reasons I must have email contact only! If you do not feel comfortable leaving your email, send me a tweet @klwschmidt so I can make sure I'm following you so you can direct message me your email address or send me a facebook message!
Disclosure: Road ID provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a giveaway in return for the free product.